Quote Posted on
I would like to leave a Word with you today : that word is Compassion
“Jesus Wept” John 11:35
That the Son of God might be Glorified
You should believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord that the Son of God might be glorified.
Jesus Wept, That the Son of God Might be glorified
(Passage Setting) By this time Jesus was well into His Earthly ministry
- Also By this time Jesus was sought out by his countrymen, the Jews, who wanted to slay him. The reasoning of Caia-phas the High Priest stated In (John11:50)… “it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people… that the whole nation perish not.”
- Lazarus had two sisters (pause) Martha and Mary.
- They sent to Jesus saying “Lord behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.” (John 11:3) “Now Jesus loved Martha & Mary” (John 11:5).
- Whom thou lovest: is Code for Lazarus, sending a message through the Jews was dangerous knowing he was being sought by assasins,Lovest (phileo) can be defined as brother, Homeboy contrasted with the love he had for the sisters agape unconditional love.”
- “Jesus being afar off from Bethany where Lazarus laid sick said this sickness is not unto death but for the Glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified” (11:4).
- Jesus stayed where he was for two days after hearing that his friend was sick.
- Lazarus died,
- Jesus then moved with compassion walked into a dangerous situation for the Jews sought to kill Him.
- that the Son of God might be glorified
- He moved outside the box that the Son of God might be glorified
- You have to move out side your comfort zone that the Son of God might be glorified
- Martha and Mary was discombolulated after their brother died.
- They started to blame Jesus both saying “If you had been here my brother would have died”
- Jesus shared a fresh revelation with Martha (who had a I know, I know, I know spirit) saying I know the resurrection will occur in the last days Jesus said to her I am the Resurrection.
- Martha was crying Mary was crying the Jews were crying and can even image the babies crying Jesus groaned in his spirit.
- Jesus said show me where he lay
Jesus moved with compassion Jesus Wept.
When life happens and your faith is tested you must gird up and take on the mantle of a solider as The Centurion who said speak the Word only and my servant shall be healed.
THE MIRACLE Jesus cried with a Loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 11:44 “And he that was dead came forth and Jesus said unto them Loose him and let him go.
- Jesus called Lazarus Once!
Miracles occur for the unbelieving, Miracles are done to guide people away from hell, It is probable that Lazarus died again or fell asleep this account has been certified and Holy Ghost approved.
3 Minute Sermon given by R.E. Boswell, May 2014 at True Light COGIC 6380 Pulaski Pike, Huntsville, AL