Image Posted on Updated on
Five police officers were killed and seven others were injured in the ambush in Dallas that began just before 9PM (7/7/2016) Thursday night, officials have said, in the deadliest single incident for U.S. law enforcement since September 11, 2001. Two civilians also were injured in the shootings, the office of Dallas’ mayor has said. Dallas sniper attack: 5 officers killed during protests
Brent Thompson DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit Agency) Officer Lorne Ahrens is a 14-year veteran of the Dallas Police Department. Patrick Zamarripa did three tours in Iraq (Navy); then back home in Texas as a Dallas police officer.Dallas police officer Michael J. Smith was a 26-year veteran of the department. Michael Krol was an 8-year veteran of the department.
These officer were shot and killed by one shooter according to Law Enforcement Officers. Micah Xavier Johnson (25 years old of Dallas) the shooter served in the US Army Reserve from 2009 to 2015, including a tour of Afghanistan.
- Johnson had practiced military-style drills in his yard and trained at a private self-defense school that teaches special tactics, including “shooting on the move,” a maneuver in which an attacker fire and changes position before firing again.
- Micah Johnson, an Army veteran, received instruction at the Academy of Combative Warrior Arts in the Dallas suburb of Richardson about two years ago. “Reality is highly dynamic, you will be drawing your firearm, moving, shooting on the move, fixing malfunctions, etc. all under high levels of stress,” the website says. “Most people never get to train these skills as they are not typically allowed on the static gun range,”said the school’s founder and chief instructor, Justin J. Everman.
- Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings described Johnson as “a mobile shooter” who had written manifestos on how to “shoot and move.”
St. Paul, Minnesota, during the Police shooting in Dallas, crowds gathered near the spot where an officer killed Philando Castile in a car on (7/6/16) Wednesday. In Minnesota, the shooting of Castile was streamed by his fiancée Diamond Reynolds live on Facebook. As her 4-year-old sat in the back seat, his fiancée calmly narrated what was going on and showed viewers the dying man groaning and bleeding in the front seat. Police officers pulled him over because of a broken taillight, the Facebook Live video showed Castille handcuffed by officers. In the video, she said that Castile went to reach for his license and registration but mentioned he had a pistol in the car, which he was licensed to carry, and the officer shot him multiple times. Castile was transported to a nearby hospital, but later died. said Reynolds, who was in the car with him.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, crowds where also gathered in the parking lot where Alton Sterling was fatally shot on (7/5/16) Tuesday where police tackled him in a parking lot. Sterling, 37, was killed Tuesday near a convenience store in Baton Rouge, where he regularly sold CDs and DVDs outside a convenience store on Tuesday, July 5, when police arrived responding to an anonymous 911 report of a man in a red shirt threatening people with a gun, authorities told The Associated Press. Sterling, 37, who happened to be wearing a red shirt, and the two officers got into an altercation, and one of the officers shot him multiple times in the chest and back. By the time paramedics arrived, Sterling was dead. At least two videos taken of the graphic killing have circulated online, and both show that Sterling did not appear to be threatening the police in any way.
President Barack Obama, who was in Warsaw, Poland, said his team is keeping him updated. “We still don’t know all the facts, we do know there’s been a vicious, calculated and despicable act on law enforcement,” Obama said. “I believe I speak for every American when I say we are horrified.
President Barack Obama called Johnson a “demented individual” who does not represent black Americans any more than a white man accused of killing blacks at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, represents whites. So we cannot let the actions of a few define all of us,” Obama said from Warsaw, Poland, where he attended a NATO summit.
Quote Posted on Updated on
Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent.
Excuses build foundations of nothingness.
Gird up the loins of your mind.
And put on your holy yoke,
with this done your presence terrorizes the enemy.
If you have to suffer, suffer for righteousness’ sake.
DON’T USE EXCUSES!
If holiness got you between a rock and a hard place, surely your anointing will bring you out.
Praise the Lord and keep your faith.
Guard your anointing and seek to be at peace with all people,
most of all never use excuses.
Excuses are sinking sand, build on a sure foundation by trusting God. (2/23/16)
COGIC History Clip
Narration, Informative & Interesting
By Reginald Boswell
7 Bishops of COGIC
A Historical Background from 1907-2016
C.H. MASON ERA
- COGIC Founder Charles Harrison Mason was born in 1864 on the Prior Farm near Memphis Tenn. to Jerry and Eliza Mason.
- At age 29 (1893) He accepted his call to the ministry and received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, at the Azusa Revival in 1906 (age 42).
- Years earlier at age 33 while in Little Rock, AR, Mason believed that God had given him the name the Church of God in Christ (COGIC).
- Mason thought the name given was divinely revealed and biblically inspired, taken from I Thessalonians 2:14.
- Steadfast in business Mason believed God promised him, “If you take the name that I give you, they would never build a building that would hold all those who would come.”
- God used Mason to lay the groundwork for the Church of God in Christ as we know today.
- His life and testimony exemplify the words YES LORD and Yes Lord Yes to Your will and to your way.
- On Nov. 17, 1961, Presiding Bishop Charles H. Mason died at 95 years old and was entombed at Mason Temple in COGIC World Headquarters in Memphis, after seeing much of his dream of Holiness Covering the Earth realized.
O.T. JONES ERA
- Our founder’s role in the church proved to be peerless.
- After mourning the death of Mason for a year in Dec. 1961 Ozro Thurston Jones,
The last survivor of the first five bishops was elected Senior Bishop by the General Assembly.
- Much Church Reorganization took place during his tenure in February 1968. During a Court ordered convention; the General Assembly elected the first General Board and replaced the Office of Senior Bishop with the office of a Presiding Bishop with an elected term of 4 years (pause).
- There was noted civil unrest during his time in the 60’s
- During his tenure, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his last speech at Mason Temple.
- The COGIC O. T. Jones Institute named in his honor and had been the only major training ministry for the Holy Convocation for the past thirty-five years.
J.O. PATTERSON ERA
- In November 1968, James O. Patterson, Sr., was elected Presiding Bishop.
- He was the grandson of COGIC founder Bishop C H Mason and cousin of the late Presiding Bishop Gilbert E. Patterson
- He practiced law and then became active in state and local political life as a State Representative, State Senator, Memphis City Councilman and briefly as interim Mayor of Memphis
- Under his leadership and guidance, the creation of a well defined and organized ecclesiastical organism was institutionalized; establishing worship protocols, policy, practice, and procedure with a new constitution and official manual completed in 1973.
- COGIC became one of the fastest growing and largest religious groups in the US. His initiatives allowed Church Growth to exceed 4 million in the 50 states and 47 foreign countries and 10,000 churches. He was elected four times uncontested during his 21 years until his death in 1989; our current Presiding Bishop Charles E Blake officiated his funeral.
L.H. FORD ERA
- #4 COGIC Leader Bishop Louis Henry Ford became the first … 1st Assistant to a Presiding Bishop.
- In 1990, Louis Henry Ford was elected Presiding Bishop and dedicated himself to returning COGIC to its Emphasis on Basic Holiness.
- He devoted his efforts to reminding the saints of the sacrifices of the pioneers of COGIC and challenged us to remain faithful to our spiritual foundation (pause).
- Bishop Ford was a strong advocate for social justice. He gave the eulogy for Emmett Till at Robert’s Temple COGIC whose brutal murder sparked the Civil Rights Movement in 1955.
- Bishop Ford’s wisdom was valued by several mayors in Chicago as well as on the world stage.
- In 1994, Bishop Ford was re-elected to the office of Presiding Bishop but died in 1995.
- Bishop Ford was successor Bishop Chandler D. Owens, is credited with systematically restructuring COGIC Departments and Ministries.
- A noted evangelist, known for his eloquent and extensive vocabulary, his diplomacy resulted in expanding the church in Asia, primarily India and the Philippines.
- Owens led COGIC in its centennial celebration in 1997 and outlined a progressive plan to position the COGIC for ministry in the 21st Century known as Vision 2000 and Beyond.
- In 2000, at the 93 International Holy Convocation, the General Assembly voted Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson as the new Presiding Bishop of COGIC making an unprecedented move of removing a current Presiding Bishop from office through the electoral process.
- Bishop Owens continued to serve as a Jurisdictional Bishop and member of the General Board until his death in 2011 (pause).
- Shepherded a mega-church and was a world renowned Tele-Evangelist credited with bridging denominational barriers by working with various denominations toward common goals.
- He encouraged the church to remember its spiritual foundation of the past but also to embrace a Holistic Ministry for the future.
- A humanitarian and philanthropist, he established COGIC Charities, which has provided thousands of dollars in college scholarships, and physical and financial assistance in Hurricane Katrina and Rita and other national disasters.
- On March 28, 2007, the Senate of the United States of America passed a resolution sponsored by Senator Barack Obama celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert E. Patterson.
C.E. BLAKE ERA
- A progressive and visionary leader, Bishop Blake is leading COGIC boldly in the 21st century.
- His focus positioned COGIC to become a greater global ministry in Africa, Latin America, Japan and Haiti while at the same time investing in the inner city where many COGIC congregations are.
- Under his leadership, COGIC held its first Holy Convocation in St. Louis in 2010.
- Blake initiated new PR strategies that fostered a united front and offered relief and prayer for the inhabitants of the many areas in the 63 countries where COGIC exists.
- Today, under the leadership of Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr., COGIC serves as a premier training ground for Christians on the Earth, becoming a watershed for believers who hunger for a personal manifestation of God in their lives.
III. A brief history from a leadership perspective of the Church of God in Christ Inc. Thank you
Quote Posted on Updated on
It’s been over a month until I began to really catch the flavor of the New Year. Then it came to me still rebounding from 2015, that there must be zero tolerance in 2016 for some things that were allowed to take place in the past. Therefore, I am calling 2016 the year of Zero Tolerance for all things against God. Ironically, it is a year that we in the United States of America choose whose going to run for president in both political parties as President Barack Obama is in last year and in his last term in office. For many in America of African descent in recent years, a sense of pride has abounded having a Brother as the Commander in Chief. Yet, leadership this year must be spiritually grounded more so than politically or culturally for that matter emphasizing doing the next right thing.
The shift into 2016 was seemingly seamless but it was actually a dramatic shift.
2015 was such a seminal year in so many ways in that it captured an era which wholly represented the decade of the teens. Acceptable standards morphed from changes from a simpler time would have startled many of our ancestors as well many adults today who are perpetually reeling from the voracious evil, ever so present in society. Shifting standards make full proof that changes brought about by things out of your control make your existence necessary. Armed with the ability to calm the storm as you hold on to God’s unchanging hand in 2016 you have a God-given right to manifest the desires of your heart.
2015 brought great things to your door
but still the presence of your enemy’s torments was there too. Now in 2016 deliverance from the accuser the liar, the manipulator will altogether cease. In 2016, you have the authority to pull out a seat at the best table spread out with every good thing and sup. The devil will try to deny you so don’t believe the lie. You’re no longer subject to the foolishness of his taunts. In 2016, there shall be a complete snapping away of the ills that plagued you in the past. Because your future is uncertain when trusting God on the faith level, you have no other choice than to activate great faith in God this year. This commitment pleases God and the confidence that you place in Him shall extinguish any feeling of inferiority, peer pressure, doubt or stagnation. This year is the beginning of a new era so seize this moment, shake loose from things that ciphen your momentum and vitality.
Move forward in confidence and courage knowing that God has great things planned for you.
Quote Posted on Updated on
An act of obedience whereby the believer publicly identifies through immersions with Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Baptism is a popular topic that has entered secular vocabulary. It is viewed diversely in society based on culture, heritage and religion. Such as the ceremonial christening of infants that is not baptism by the Biblical definition but more for the adults present in the life of a youth to rear them in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
Baptize translates from the Greek baptizo; meaning to immerse, submerge for a religious purpose, to soak or wash with water in token of purification of sin and from spiritual pollution. Or according to Dr. Stanley, to dunk dip plunge submerge or immerse.”
Compare def. Fast (to cover one’s mouth)
Naturally to take a dry place and submerge it in water was to be applied spiritually. The disciples were to immerse diverse people and far-reaching cultures with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Furthermore, it became known that the power of God rested on these truths and made breakthroughs possible. The Great Commission (Matt. 28:19) remains a current mandate for all followers of Christ but having this mandate as a priority (ALL ABOUT SOULS). Dr. Stanley exhibits the importance of Baptism by placing this topic first in our textbook.
Compare and Contrast Spiritual and Natural Baptism?
What is an early form of Baptism in the Old Testament?
Genesis 6:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
“So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. (15) This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. (16) Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. (17) I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish”
Breakthrough by Baptism
The Hand of God sealed the door of the Ark, and the windows of heaven remained open as the deluge destroyed life upon the earth. Mr. & Mrs. Noah, their three sons, and their wives were safe, and some animals lived, but many species became extinct; those that are now gigantic bone specimens exhibited in museums today. When the rain ceased, a rainbow appeared to the eight who were left alive for re-populating the earth. This rainbow came to represent a promise from God that the earth’s inhabitants would never be destroyed by water again.
AFTER BELIEVING IN CHRIST, another development took place that would be essential to spreading the Gospel. This emergence would be the baptism of the Holy Ghost. This spiritual breakthrough is needed to build a life acceptable, holy and righteous, amidst corruption, confusion, noise, back-biting, etc. People cannot construct a life pleasing to God apart from Him, and this certification is necessary to go unimpeded throughout the nations and the highways; making disciples of men, women, boys and girls everywhere. God sealed the door of Noah’s Ark; likewise, the Holy Spirit seals us for our work at hand.
Building Dreams Through Change.
1. John got his name because of what he was doing (Page 5).
2. John’s message was repentance.
3. People who identified with John’s message were baptized.
The Greek word metanoia transliterates into English as repentance, and it means CHANGE. Repentance is necessary for any progress to God is made From our choices, we need to impact the world as Christians and offer solutions to others Taking Noah’s example, we are to seek God’s direction in perilous times. As he built his Ark, we are to construct our salvation in an evil world: preparing our spirit-man, making it a vessel suitable for space travel.
A baptism is an act of obedience
1. Baptism represents the idea of identification and allegiance. Page 5
2. Baptism was a public observance whereby a person was immersed for the sake
of a religious decision. Page 5
3. Baptism is a picture that carries the weight of cleansing resurrection and
allegiance Page 6
- Cleansing from sin of the old life.
- Dying to the old life and being born to the new life
- Demonstrating commitment or allegiance to a new Master or way of life
CONSISTENCY sets the stage for spiritual breakthroughs to occur. By investing Himself in the lives of others Christ modeled how to make breakthroughs occur. Christ taught, admonished, and warned His Disciples for approximately thirty-six months. His doxology climaxed with his instruction: “Go you, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matt. 28:19).
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
“…The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy…” (Revelation 19:10).
The Work of God
The biggest lie every believed is that Satan or hell is not real. Yes, it is true the devil is real. Originally, an arch angel called Lucifer the Bible reveals that Lucifer lost his position and was cast down to earth becoming Satan. The Bible also contains information of the earth’s title deed beings transferred to Satan from Adam through disobedience. This power remained in the clutched hands of Satan until Christ came remained obedient unto death and fulfilled the prophecy of bruising the head of a serpent.
Satan asked Jesus to worship him in exchange for glory, honor, riches and fame (which Satan could offer because he gained such control from Adam). Jesus victoriously warded off Satan with the Word of God and completed his assignment becoming the greatest figure in history; shifting time, redeeming man, recapturing the title deed that Adam relinquished and most importantly completing His assignment which was to destroy the work of Satan
It’s that time saints.
Now, Satan tries to deceive man after losing to Christ. A saddening fact is that the Church endowed with all power seemingly allows Satan’s follies to persist. If you are a Blood washed Christian indeed you are accountable today like no other time in your life. It’s time for these antics to cease. God’s elect are heavily targeted and left seemingly without allies or friends when Satan’s PR game is running on full blast. Leaders today need our help. If you cannot follow, lead. It’s always time to fear God!
Don’t be deceived Satan is not the owner of the planet. His followers have wealth, but it’s allusive. News flash! Satan lost, and his power base built upon deceit and fear. He is only worthy to be ignored. The fallen angel still wants to rule over death by deceiving the living during their lifetime. Misery … Satan wishes greetings as we welcome one another, but even the liar knows he is lying; but, what hope is there for one who has no hope. Satan has no hope of redemption. Neither do the angels that knew the truth and glided in proximity to the Holy God but decided to follow Lucifer. Not the case with humanity, we have a hope of redemption as long as we breathe unless we foolishly call the Holy Spirit a liar. This folly is the pinnacle of deception called perdition.
Satan is still enticing with delusions of power, money, fame and fortune under the guise of Lucifer. When you call Satan out of his name by saying Lucifer in adoration you are in violation to God. Satan’s intention is to direct worship from God towards itself (It is a better pronoun for the beast). It doesn’t give its attention to anyone. Like any fortune 500 company it chooses the best and brightest to spread its lies and gives certain singers and musicians power to influence the masses. In this age of information we have no excuse when we are deceived by its priests. Study, show yourself approved a workman by your Creator.
Lucifer in the Hebrew tongue is pronounced haw-lal. Its English homonyms are halo or hello. Satan remembering his glory days wants people in mass to sing Hello in instead of praising God saying, Hallelujah! Some songs that have Hello in their title sung by millions upon the earth produced by top artists in the last fifty years. The Beatles, Lionel Richie and The Doors, and more recent artists have Mega Hits entitled “Hello” like Eminem, Beyonce, and Adele. Maybe when picking up the phone, we should say Hallelujah or Glory to God instead of Hello.