Quote Posted on
Joseph remained solid at his core.
Genesis 39: 5, 7, 8a, 11-12
And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6 And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8 But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
11 And it came to pass about this time that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Old Title: Joseph Flees to Destiny
- Old Title: Joseph Flees to Destiny
- New Title: God’s Got You Covered
- Sub Theme: Living with the Blessing upon your core (spirit)
Sub Theme: Living with the Blessing upon your Core (your core refers to your spirit or essence). It is the part that resembles the most holy place (where righteousness dwells and where the blood of Christ is applied) / we are a spirit that possesses a soul (realm of thought and emotions) that lives in a body (outer court, where entropy happens). Theme:
- Character: (as Water)
- Process: (as Fire)
- Duplication: (as through out the Earth)
OT Setting/Abrahamic Covenant (Gen 17:6, 28:4 35:11)
– Abraham: “And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.” Genesis 17:6-7
– Isaac to Jacob: “And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.” Genesis 28:4
– Jacob changed to Israel: “fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; 12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.” Genesis 35:11-12
Covering coat of many colors
- Joseph (covering coat of many colors, (Reuben disqualified laid with Bildah, Simeon and Levi killed the men of Shechem when they were recovering from circumcision)
- His ten brothers hated him through a series of events as a result of their hatred and envy
- They conspired against him to slay him.
- Joseph ends up a slave in Egypt
God was with Joseph “And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him” (Acts 7:9)
- Joseph’s character was one that pleased God.
- We move closer to God when we remain true to our core, to what pleases God.
- Question: Are you pleasing God? (Heb 11:6, 1)
- Character sketch e.g. When you see two people in a conversation across the room Two people that you know you can almost guess what they are talking about.
13th Century Church Doctor: Thomas Aquinas said “The things that we love tell us what we are.” Or the common saying “Birds of a feather flock together”
14th Century Church Doctor: Thomas `A Kempis said “Thou wilt never be spiritual minded and godly unless thou art silent concerning other men’s matters and take full heed to thyself.”
Spiritually is akin to the ability keep a secret in the private affairs of others secrets this speaks to one’s character.
- Question: Am I pleasing to God?
- Character allows you to remain on track during the process:
Numbers are Character:
- Letters are Characters: You never see a 3 trying to be a 6 or a P trying to be a W.
- Characters just are!
- And as appied to individuals characters distinguish us from each other and separate us in our devotion to God.
Character Building is as WATER:
A contraction in a substance being weak yet strong
- While water in weakness when flowing downward takes the path of least resistance (going with the flow creates a vortex i.e. the War in Heaven)
- While water in strength a continual drip can bore through rock over time (consistency i.e. God as a Waymaker).
Joseph manifested an instilled core belief by refusing the advancements /fleeing from Potiphar’s wife
Joseph had the blessing upon his life aligned himself with God
- throughout the bitterness inflicted upon him by his brothers
- and his transfer to Egypt
- and being assigned tasks in Potiphar’s house.
Joseph remained solid at his core.
- Because Joseph remained focused.
- Joseph remained blessed so when his integrity was challenged by the wife of his boss
- he remained solid a man of Character.
Christ Example: “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:23).
Life is a Process.
- Life is a Spiritual Engineering Project.
- Character Building is important to Spiritual Engineering:
- What is spoken over your life is important to Character Building.
- Gravitate to that which speaks to your core
There are limitations in ministry there is a lane.
- Israel speaks the blessing over Joseph: Genesis 49: 22-26
Cause and effect or …
Newton’s third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object.
“ Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:
23 The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:
24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)
25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:
26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.”
” … not as I will, but as thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39)
“And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39).
The trials and tribulations of process is as Fire
“The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times” Psalms 12:6.
How to solve your personal Maze (spiritual fingerprint)?
How to solve your Maze? With faith that your victory is won through Christ Jesus.
“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love” Eph 1:4
Work it out!
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Phillippians 2:12
Character is molded through-out the process
- The most important thing for a leader is his team. To choose people of character is to choose people who are tracible and trackable
- Once you are of a solid character continue to stay prayerful
- and duplicate your character in the Earth.
- Once Joseph was in power and was in a position to get revenge on his brothers he chose to exemplify the character at his core that he nourished and to show mercy.
OBEDIENT people of character are reliable as the sunrise
Proverbs 25:19 “Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.”
Matthew 28:18-20 “ And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
2 Tim 2:2 “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
Forbearing the Process cause dissention amongst believer
Acts 15: 38 “But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.”
Paul choose Silas over John Mark to accompany him to Derbe and Lystra because John Mark was departed (skipped the process) from the work in Pamphylia.
Paul and Barnabus split
This choice split Paul and Barnabus who wanted John Mark to accompany them Barnabus took John Mark and is seldom written about further in scripture.
People of character understand the big picture and choose to serve God rather than appease man
- Solution oriented from your Core is being effective and of use in the Kingdom:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Image Posted on Updated on
Five police officers were killed and seven others were injured in the ambush in Dallas that began just before 9PM (7/7/2016) Thursday night, officials have said, in the deadliest single incident for U.S. law enforcement since September 11, 2001. Two civilians also were injured in the shootings, the office of Dallas’ mayor has said. Dallas sniper attack: 5 officers killed during protests
Brent Thompson DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit Agency) Officer Lorne Ahrens is a 14-year veteran of the Dallas Police Department. Patrick Zamarripa did three tours in Iraq (Navy); then back home in Texas as a Dallas police officer.Dallas police officer Michael J. Smith was a 26-year veteran of the department. Michael Krol was an 8-year veteran of the department.
These officer were shot and killed by one shooter according to Law Enforcement Officers. Micah Xavier Johnson (25 years old of Dallas) the shooter served in the US Army Reserve from 2009 to 2015, including a tour of Afghanistan.
- Johnson had practiced military-style drills in his yard and trained at a private self-defense school that teaches special tactics, including “shooting on the move,” a maneuver in which an attacker fire and changes position before firing again.
- Micah Johnson, an Army veteran, received instruction at the Academy of Combative Warrior Arts in the Dallas suburb of Richardson about two years ago. “Reality is highly dynamic, you will be drawing your firearm, moving, shooting on the move, fixing malfunctions, etc. all under high levels of stress,” the website says. “Most people never get to train these skills as they are not typically allowed on the static gun range,”said the school’s founder and chief instructor, Justin J. Everman.
- Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings described Johnson as “a mobile shooter” who had written manifestos on how to “shoot and move.”
St. Paul, Minnesota, during the Police shooting in Dallas, crowds gathered near the spot where an officer killed Philando Castile in a car on (7/6/16) Wednesday. In Minnesota, the shooting of Castile was streamed by his fiancée Diamond Reynolds live on Facebook. As her 4-year-old sat in the back seat, his fiancée calmly narrated what was going on and showed viewers the dying man groaning and bleeding in the front seat. Police officers pulled him over because of a broken taillight, the Facebook Live video showed Castille handcuffed by officers. In the video, she said that Castile went to reach for his license and registration but mentioned he had a pistol in the car, which he was licensed to carry, and the officer shot him multiple times. Castile was transported to a nearby hospital, but later died. said Reynolds, who was in the car with him.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, crowds where also gathered in the parking lot where Alton Sterling was fatally shot on (7/5/16) Tuesday where police tackled him in a parking lot. Sterling, 37, was killed Tuesday near a convenience store in Baton Rouge, where he regularly sold CDs and DVDs outside a convenience store on Tuesday, July 5, when police arrived responding to an anonymous 911 report of a man in a red shirt threatening people with a gun, authorities told The Associated Press. Sterling, 37, who happened to be wearing a red shirt, and the two officers got into an altercation, and one of the officers shot him multiple times in the chest and back. By the time paramedics arrived, Sterling was dead. At least two videos taken of the graphic killing have circulated online, and both show that Sterling did not appear to be threatening the police in any way.
President Barack Obama, who was in Warsaw, Poland, said his team is keeping him updated. “We still don’t know all the facts, we do know there’s been a vicious, calculated and despicable act on law enforcement,” Obama said. “I believe I speak for every American when I say we are horrified.
President Barack Obama called Johnson a “demented individual” who does not represent black Americans any more than a white man accused of killing blacks at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, represents whites. So we cannot let the actions of a few define all of us,” Obama said from Warsaw, Poland, where he attended a NATO summit.
Quote Posted on Updated on
Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent.
Excuses build foundations of nothingness.
Gird up the loins of your mind.
And put on your holy yoke,
with this done your presence terrorizes the enemy.
If you have to suffer, suffer for righteousness’ sake.
DON’T USE EXCUSES!
If holiness got you between a rock and a hard place, surely your anointing will bring you out.
Praise the Lord and keep your faith.
Guard your anointing and seek to be at peace with all people,
most of all never use excuses.
Excuses are sinking sand, build on a sure foundation by trusting God. (2/23/16)
COGIC History Clip
Narration, Informative & Interesting
By Reginald Boswell
7 Bishops of COGIC
A Historical Background from 1907-2016
C.H. MASON ERA
- COGIC Founder Charles Harrison Mason was born in 1864 on the Prior Farm near Memphis Tenn. to Jerry and Eliza Mason.
- At age 29 (1893) He accepted his call to the ministry and received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, at the Azusa Revival in 1906 (age 42).
- Years earlier at age 33 while in Little Rock, AR, Mason believed that God had given him the name the Church of God in Christ (COGIC).
- Mason thought the name given was divinely revealed and biblically inspired, taken from I Thessalonians 2:14.
- Steadfast in business Mason believed God promised him, “If you take the name that I give you, they would never build a building that would hold all those who would come.”
- God used Mason to lay the groundwork for the Church of God in Christ as we know today.
- His life and testimony exemplify the words YES LORD and Yes Lord Yes to Your will and to your way.
- On Nov. 17, 1961, Presiding Bishop Charles H. Mason died at 95 years old and was entombed at Mason Temple in COGIC World Headquarters in Memphis, after seeing much of his dream of Holiness Covering the Earth realized.
O.T. JONES ERA
- Our founder’s role in the church proved to be peerless.
- After mourning the death of Mason for a year in Dec. 1961 Ozro Thurston Jones,
The last survivor of the first five bishops was elected Senior Bishop by the General Assembly.
- Much Church Reorganization took place during his tenure in February 1968. During a Court ordered convention; the General Assembly elected the first General Board and replaced the Office of Senior Bishop with the office of a Presiding Bishop with an elected term of 4 years (pause).
- There was noted civil unrest during his time in the 60’s
- During his tenure, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his last speech at Mason Temple.
- The COGIC O. T. Jones Institute named in his honor and had been the only major training ministry for the Holy Convocation for the past thirty-five years.
J.O. PATTERSON ERA
- In November 1968, James O. Patterson, Sr., was elected Presiding Bishop.
- He was the grandson of COGIC founder Bishop C H Mason and cousin of the late Presiding Bishop Gilbert E. Patterson
- He practiced law and then became active in state and local political life as a State Representative, State Senator, Memphis City Councilman and briefly as interim Mayor of Memphis
- Under his leadership and guidance, the creation of a well defined and organized ecclesiastical organism was institutionalized; establishing worship protocols, policy, practice, and procedure with a new constitution and official manual completed in 1973.
- COGIC became one of the fastest growing and largest religious groups in the US. His initiatives allowed Church Growth to exceed 4 million in the 50 states and 47 foreign countries and 10,000 churches. He was elected four times uncontested during his 21 years until his death in 1989; our current Presiding Bishop Charles E Blake officiated his funeral.
L.H. FORD ERA
- #4 COGIC Leader Bishop Louis Henry Ford became the first … 1st Assistant to a Presiding Bishop.
- In 1990, Louis Henry Ford was elected Presiding Bishop and dedicated himself to returning COGIC to its Emphasis on Basic Holiness.
- He devoted his efforts to reminding the saints of the sacrifices of the pioneers of COGIC and challenged us to remain faithful to our spiritual foundation (pause).
- Bishop Ford was a strong advocate for social justice. He gave the eulogy for Emmett Till at Robert’s Temple COGIC whose brutal murder sparked the Civil Rights Movement in 1955.
- Bishop Ford’s wisdom was valued by several mayors in Chicago as well as on the world stage.
- In 1994, Bishop Ford was re-elected to the office of Presiding Bishop but died in 1995.
- Bishop Ford was successor Bishop Chandler D. Owens, is credited with systematically restructuring COGIC Departments and Ministries.
- A noted evangelist, known for his eloquent and extensive vocabulary, his diplomacy resulted in expanding the church in Asia, primarily India and the Philippines.
- Owens led COGIC in its centennial celebration in 1997 and outlined a progressive plan to position the COGIC for ministry in the 21st Century known as Vision 2000 and Beyond.
- In 2000, at the 93 International Holy Convocation, the General Assembly voted Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson as the new Presiding Bishop of COGIC making an unprecedented move of removing a current Presiding Bishop from office through the electoral process.
- Bishop Owens continued to serve as a Jurisdictional Bishop and member of the General Board until his death in 2011 (pause).
- Shepherded a mega-church and was a world renowned Tele-Evangelist credited with bridging denominational barriers by working with various denominations toward common goals.
- He encouraged the church to remember its spiritual foundation of the past but also to embrace a Holistic Ministry for the future.
- A humanitarian and philanthropist, he established COGIC Charities, which has provided thousands of dollars in college scholarships, and physical and financial assistance in Hurricane Katrina and Rita and other national disasters.
- On March 28, 2007, the Senate of the United States of America passed a resolution sponsored by Senator Barack Obama celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert E. Patterson.
C.E. BLAKE ERA
- A progressive and visionary leader, Bishop Blake is leading COGIC boldly in the 21st century.
- His focus positioned COGIC to become a greater global ministry in Africa, Latin America, Japan and Haiti while at the same time investing in the inner city where many COGIC congregations are.
- Under his leadership, COGIC held its first Holy Convocation in St. Louis in 2010.
- Blake initiated new PR strategies that fostered a united front and offered relief and prayer for the inhabitants of the many areas in the 63 countries where COGIC exists.
- Today, under the leadership of Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake, Sr., COGIC serves as a premier training ground for Christians on the Earth, becoming a watershed for believers who hunger for a personal manifestation of God in their lives.
III. A brief history from a leadership perspective of the Church of God in Christ Inc. Thank you
Quote Posted on Updated on
It’s been over a month until I began to really catch the flavor of the New Year. Then it came to me still rebounding from 2015, that there must be zero tolerance in 2016 for some things that were allowed to take place in the past. Therefore, I am calling 2016 the year of Zero Tolerance for all things against God. Ironically, it is a year that we in the United States of America choose whose going to run for president in both political parties as President Barack Obama is in last year and in his last term in office. For many in America of African descent in recent years, a sense of pride has abounded having a Brother as the Commander in Chief. Yet, leadership this year must be spiritually grounded more so than politically or culturally for that matter emphasizing doing the next right thing.
The shift into 2016 was seemingly seamless but it was actually a dramatic shift.
2015 was such a seminal year in so many ways in that it captured an era which wholly represented the decade of the teens. Acceptable standards morphed from changes from a simpler time would have startled many of our ancestors as well many adults today who are perpetually reeling from the voracious evil, ever so present in society. Shifting standards make full proof that changes brought about by things out of your control make your existence necessary. Armed with the ability to calm the storm as you hold on to God’s unchanging hand in 2016 you have a God-given right to manifest the desires of your heart.
2015 brought great things to your door
but still the presence of your enemy’s torments was there too. Now in 2016 deliverance from the accuser the liar, the manipulator will altogether cease. In 2016, you have the authority to pull out a seat at the best table spread out with every good thing and sup. The devil will try to deny you so don’t believe the lie. You’re no longer subject to the foolishness of his taunts. In 2016, there shall be a complete snapping away of the ills that plagued you in the past. Because your future is uncertain when trusting God on the faith level, you have no other choice than to activate great faith in God this year. This commitment pleases God and the confidence that you place in Him shall extinguish any feeling of inferiority, peer pressure, doubt or stagnation. This year is the beginning of a new era so seize this moment, shake loose from things that ciphen your momentum and vitality.
Move forward in confidence and courage knowing that God has great things planned for you.
Quote Posted on Updated on
An act of obedience whereby the believer publicly identifies through immersions with Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Baptism is a popular topic that has entered secular vocabulary. It is viewed diversely in society based on culture, heritage and religion. Such as the ceremonial christening of infants that is not baptism by the Biblical definition but more for the adults present in the life of a youth to rear them in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
Baptize translates from the Greek baptizo; meaning to immerse, submerge for a religious purpose, to soak or wash with water in token of purification of sin and from spiritual pollution. Or according to Dr. Stanley, to dunk dip plunge submerge or immerse.”
Compare def. Fast (to cover one’s mouth)
Naturally to take a dry place and submerge it in water was to be applied spiritually. The disciples were to immerse diverse people and far-reaching cultures with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Furthermore, it became known that the power of God rested on these truths and made breakthroughs possible. The Great Commission (Matt. 28:19) remains a current mandate for all followers of Christ but having this mandate as a priority (ALL ABOUT SOULS). Dr. Stanley exhibits the importance of Baptism by placing this topic first in our textbook.
Compare and Contrast Spiritual and Natural Baptism?
What is an early form of Baptism in the Old Testament?
Genesis 6:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
“So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. (15) This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. (16) Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. (17) I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish”
Breakthrough by Baptism
The Hand of God sealed the door of the Ark, and the windows of heaven remained open as the deluge destroyed life upon the earth. Mr. & Mrs. Noah, their three sons, and their wives were safe, and some animals lived, but many species became extinct; those that are now gigantic bone specimens exhibited in museums today. When the rain ceased, a rainbow appeared to the eight who were left alive for re-populating the earth. This rainbow came to represent a promise from God that the earth’s inhabitants would never be destroyed by water again.
AFTER BELIEVING IN CHRIST, another development took place that would be essential to spreading the Gospel. This emergence would be the baptism of the Holy Ghost. This spiritual breakthrough is needed to build a life acceptable, holy and righteous, amidst corruption, confusion, noise, back-biting, etc. People cannot construct a life pleasing to God apart from Him, and this certification is necessary to go unimpeded throughout the nations and the highways; making disciples of men, women, boys and girls everywhere. God sealed the door of Noah’s Ark; likewise, the Holy Spirit seals us for our work at hand.
Building Dreams Through Change.
1. John got his name because of what he was doing (Page 5).
2. John’s message was repentance.
3. People who identified with John’s message were baptized.
The Greek word metanoia transliterates into English as repentance, and it means CHANGE. Repentance is necessary for any progress to God is made From our choices, we need to impact the world as Christians and offer solutions to others Taking Noah’s example, we are to seek God’s direction in perilous times. As he built his Ark, we are to construct our salvation in an evil world: preparing our spirit-man, making it a vessel suitable for space travel.
A baptism is an act of obedience
1. Baptism represents the idea of identification and allegiance. Page 5
2. Baptism was a public observance whereby a person was immersed for the sake
of a religious decision. Page 5
3. Baptism is a picture that carries the weight of cleansing resurrection and
allegiance Page 6
- Cleansing from sin of the old life.
- Dying to the old life and being born to the new life
- Demonstrating commitment or allegiance to a new Master or way of life
CONSISTENCY sets the stage for spiritual breakthroughs to occur. By investing Himself in the lives of others Christ modeled how to make breakthroughs occur. Christ taught, admonished, and warned His Disciples for approximately thirty-six months. His doxology climaxed with his instruction: “Go you, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matt. 28:19).
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
“…The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy…” (Revelation 19:10).